Monday, August 22, 2016

State of Maine Dressage Association Show - August 21, 2016

Coming off last weekend's strong showing at Scarlet Day Farm, Snappy and I headed to another SMDA show at the Hollis Equestrian Park.  We did the May and June shows there, so I knew she would be comfortable at the venue.  Snappy was great yet again, earning two more blues for her growing collection.  

Intro A - 1st place out of 4 with a 67.813%
Intro B - 1st place out of 5 with a 68.438%



The tests were obedient and accurate.  I really want to clean things up enough to move up to Intro C and Training 1 next year, but time will tell.  It is tough to have a time frame in the back of your head because horses progress at their own pace.  And I am certainly no professional trainer, so it takes me double the time to teach my horses anything LOL!


I am still extremely pleased with this mare, but I will honestly say that I just wanted to break 70% again and would have been happy to come in dead last at this show in order to do so LOL! It's not about the ribbons, it's about the scores!  I know, I know, still really strong scores.  But now we have completed four SMDA shows, which is the minimum to qualify for year end awards.  I plan to skip the September and October shows and just do a few 2-phases and maybe a full event before we quit for the winter.  (And the September SMDA show is the same day my husband pulls his cattle at Farmington Fair, so I opted to get my scores early enough so he could attend that pull.) Man, I wanted to have a 70% average in both tests!  We are sooooo close! Our Intro A average is 69.92% and Intro B is 69.84%.  Such first world problems hahahaha!!  

Dressage Show
Intro A
Intro B

SMDA May 22
1st place out of 3
71.563%
2nd place out of 6
69.063%
High Point Senior Rider
SMDA June 12
1st place out of 6
72.813%
2nd place out of 9
70.938%
High Point Standardbred
SMDA August 14
1st place out of 4
67.50%
1st place out of 5
70.94%
Reserve High Point Rider
SMDA August 21
1st place out of 4
67.813%
1st place out of 5
68.438%

Overall average
69.92%
69.84%


But enough foolish complaining!!!  We had an AWESOME first year of showing dressage.  If you had told me a year ago we would have this much success, I would not have believed you.  Heck, just five months ago I was unsure this horse would be able to do a respectable dressage test, never mind earn great scores and ribbons!  I seem to have a knack for taking unridden Standardbred mares and getting them started at low levels.  :-)  

No comments: