Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Twelve: 30 Day Challenge

Day Twelve: Favorite horse color

I don't really have a favorite horse color.  I like any color of horse that is well trained and easygoing!  LOL!  But if I really had to chose, I would say chestnut.  I love sorrels, bright red chestnuts, dark liver chestnuts.....any of the variations.  It might be because my first horse Sparky is a chestnut or because I myself am red-headed (remember my senior pic from the last post...??).  ;-)  For all the banter about chestnut mares being so difficult, I have always loved mares.  And I think I get along with the red-headed ones the best because we are alike!  :-D


As Sparky has aged, the roaning on her face has increased...

Crabby face, but shows Sparky's chestnut color!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Funny - up until recently I would have said bay (although I'm happy with a good horse of any color), but now that I have my first chestnut/sorrel (first ever in all my years and years of horses) and am about to get a second chestnut, I must say I'm very taken with them. Pie is very red, which I really like.